2002: Teaching Dendrochronology at the College Level
Other Web Resources
The LTRR home page: http://www.ltrr.arizona.edu/index.html
- Dendrochronology page for basic background: http://www.ltrr.arizona.edu/dendrochronology.html
- Research topics in dendrochronology: http://www.ltrr.arizona.edu/research.html
- Downloadable software: http://www.ltrr.arizona.edu/software.html
- Related sites: http://www.ltrr.arizona.edu/related.html
Henri Grissino-Mayer's Ultimate Dendro Web Pages: http://tree.LTRR.Arizona.EDU/~grissino/henri.htm
- Principles of dendrochronology: http://tree.LTRR.Arizona.EDU/~grissino/princip.htm
- Supplies (where to buy stuff): http://tree.LTRR.Arizona.EDU/~grissino/supplies.htm
- Images and concepts: http://tree.LTRR.Arizona.EDU/~grissino/gallery.htm
- Index (find all the info available): http://tree.LTRR.Arizona.EDU/~grissino/index.htm
Dendrochronology equipment catalogs:
- Forestry Suppliers, Inc.: http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/
- Ben Meadows Company (Note especially the Phipps publication): http://www.benmeadows.com/
Skeleton plotting paper: Avery has apparently discontinued the cm-rule paper that has been used forever in skeleton plotting. Some creative people have come up with alternatives to buying the real thing.
- Scotty Strachen, Univ. of Nevada, Reno, has developed a file of plotting paper, free: http://equinox.unr.edu/homepage/strachan/dendrofr.htm
- Graph Paper Printer, by Philippe Marquis, free trial download, $20 if you like it: http://perso.easynet.fr/~philimar/graphpapeng.htm
- Another option is to scan in a full sheet of the real paper and keep that file for printing.
Tree-ring based reconstructions of drought in the US.
- Reconstruction of Past Drought Across the Coterminous United States from a Network of Climatically Sensitive Tree-Ring Data: PDSI reconstructions for points all over the USA.
Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research, The University of Arizona
Tucson, Arizona 85721 USA
Main Office: (520) 621-1608, Fax: (520) 621-8229
Comments to Paul Sheppard: email@example.com
Copyright © 2000-2002, Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research, The University of Arizona
Revised -- May, 2002