First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
The tree-ring dates and other data indicate the following chronology of the pueblito:
Room 2 was built in the spring of 1737; the complete terminal ring for 1736 (DNT-1077) and incomplete terminal rings from 1737 cutting dates (DNT-1062/1076) indicate tree-cutting in the spring of 1737.
Room 1 was probably built in the summer of 1742 or 1743. Sample DNT-1080 is a near cutting date (1740+v) from an upright door jamb, an element that is typically a freshly cut beam in Navajo structures. All the other dates from Room 1 cluster between 1738 and 1742, but are noncutting dates.
Room 4 yielded only two noncutting dates (1723vv, 1731vv) and could have been built before, after, or at the same time as any of the other rooms.
The logs on the bench that may be associated with Room 3 yielded seven dates, all noncutting. Two beams that appear to be in situ (DNT-1085 and 1087) indicate construction sometime after 1738.
A loose log in Room 1 dated 1747vv and suggests that the site was occupied for approximately 11 years (1737-1747), but the occupation may not have been continuous or year-round.